Top Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar Energy
There are several advantages and disadvantages of solar energy. Let’s begin by discussing the main advantages of solar energy in Pakistan:
- Intensive energy supply – Solar power is one of the commodities that tend to never run out.
- Clean and Safe – unlike other resources that create waste, solar power is clean and safe.
- Seamless technology – the technology that drives solar energy has become a standard.
- Limitless opportunities – due to solar rays being everywhere, the solution of solar power can be introduced in city and rural areas.
- Cheap- with the advent of mass production, the cost of implementation is cheaper and a solution to be purchased by a mass population.
Disadvantages of solar energy
- As the name implies, the solar energy is directly proportional to the availability of sunshine. So in a time where the sun is not up and rays not penetrating, the chances are that the energy will not be generated.
- Solar Panels warranty and testing to be run on frequent intervals.
- Solar panels require ample space for build-out, hence, the need of spacing is mandatory. If you require solar energy, but are limited to having space for panels, then this can be a limitation.
- Solar Panels charge batteries that in turn power the solar devises. This again requires space.
Question 1 – What is Solar Thermal Energy?
Solar Thermal is a bit different methodology. The sun rays are heat water for smaller segments like a residence or small office. For a large-scale operations the same solar energy is used to heat oil that further produces steam and throttles machines, turbines and other larger mechanical cycles. In essence, the electricity that can be produced through this method can also produce electricity to thousands of households and commercial buildings.
” I have three gorgeous daughters who live abroad and come back during the summers. The summers are the best because of the timelines. However, the electricity problem is the biggest hurdle. I love seeing the kids for extended amount of time, but the heat keeps them away from Pakistan. Our UPS and generators can do so much. So, we finally decided to go for a solar panel system for our residence and found that the services from thinkfaculty was amazing. They gave us demo of different products and the installation was easy. No big issues. It is working great. Recommend it to everyone.” – Mrs. Bokhari, Lahore